Wednesday 12 March 2014

The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap

I signed up for the postcard swap after seeing the beautiful postcards people had designed in the past. Plus I really love receiving post!



The theme for the postcard was CREATE, so I sketched this little bear and created a comfy world for him to sit on.


I don't have much experience sewing, so I decided to use paper collage, colour pens and glitter  because I wanted to have textures in my design. Still I had to incorporate some sewing into the postcard so I sewed the bear's face and the little heart on his chest.


This is the result! I'm quite happy with it and I hope my postcard- swap partner likes it too :)


I also designed an envelope for the postcard using origami paper and washi tape.
Today my postcard will go flying to the USA.






1 comment:

  1. Your bear is very cute! I think the postcard swap is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!