Sunday 10 November 2013

Screen printing experience

Yesterday I had my very first screen printing experience. We were told that we were going to print onto a tote bag so I knew I wanted to do some nice lettering for my bag. I had a few options, but at the end I settled for this one.

I didn't know anything about screen printing so everything was very exciting and new. The process was longer than I expected it to be, and there were many materials and lots of painting, washing and drying to get the screen.



After many trials with the paint, I decided to use 2 colours for my printing and here you can see the end result -The colours look brighter than in the picture- I'm very happy with the print and despite the back pain and the stains of paint in my skirt, I had fun and enjoy the workshop. I'm sure I'll do more screen printing in the future but maybe I'll try to use more simple shapes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!